- REBAC reserves the right at its sole discretion to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time without notice or liability, and such modification shall become effective upon posting on the Site. Your use of the Site following any such modification shall be conclusively deemed to be your acceptance of such modification.
- REBAC, abr.realtor, REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, the REALTOR® Block "R" logo, REALTOR.com®, and NAR.REALTOR are trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and/or logos of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® ("NAR"). All NAR trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and logos appearing on abr.realtor are the property of NAR and all rights in those trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and logos are reserved. Use of the membership marks must be consistent with NAR's rules and regulations governing use of those marks.
- The information provided on the Site is for educational and informational purposes only. The information should not be construed as a recommendation by REBAC for any course of action regarding financial, legal, or accounting matters. It is not meant as a substitute for professional advice from a qualified legal, accounting, or financial professional.
- REBAC does not represent, warrant, or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information displayed, uploaded, downloaded, or distributed through the Site by any user, or any other person or entity. REBAC disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may result from use of or reliance on information contained on the Site.
- REBAC may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the services provided at the Site at any time without notice or liability.
- The Site contains a combination of content created by REBAC, its partners, and its users. All materials published on the Site including but not limited to text, images, video, graphics, and multimedia files ("Content") are protected by all applicable copyright and trademark laws and owned by REBAC or the party credited as the provider of the Content. All rights in the Content are expressly reserved by the applicable copyright and trademark owner.
- You may download one copy of the Content provided by REBAC to a single computer for your own use. Except as stated below, you may also use copies of Content provided by REBAC in connection with your real estate business, as long as all such copies indicate that the Content is copyrighted by REBAC and is reproduced with REBAC permission. The following legend should be used in connection with all copies of the Content authorized by this subparagraph: "Copyright REAL ESTATE BUYER'S COUNCIL. Reprinted from abr.realtor with permission."
- You may not sublicense, transfer, or otherwise make any Content available to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the Content in any other media or in any other location other than as permitted in this section. You may not upload Content that contains advertising or promotion for a particular real estate listing or for real estate services, including brokerage, lending, title insurance, property or casualty insurance, property management, building developing or consulting.
- All Content provided by any party other than REBAC will identify the party who provided that Content. You may download one copy of Content credited with being provided by any party other than REBAC on to a single computer for your own personal, non-commercial use. Content provided by any party other than REBAC may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way except with the express authorization of the party providing the Content.
- By posting material to the Site, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to that material, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit the material, or that your use of the material is a fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the material you supply does not violate these Terms, and that you will indemnify and hold REBAC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents, harmless for any and all claims resulting from material you supply.
- By posting material to the Site, you grant REBAC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, and third party licensees a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sub licensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, aggregate your material with other content, create derivative works of, or publicly perform that content for any purpose on and through each of the services provided by the Site. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of your content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
- The Site may contain links to other Internet sites operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to access the information contained therein. REBAC does not endorse or approve, is not a sponsor, partner, promoter, or publisher of such sites or their content, and expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content of any other site. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or webmaster of such other site.
- Your dealings with advertisers and third-party vendors found on or through the abr.realtor, including your participation in promotions, the purchase of goods, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such activities, are solely between you and the third party. REBAC does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any goods or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that REBAC will have no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any activities you undertake in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services, information, or other materials available, or through such third parties, on the Site. You acknowledge that such third-party sites usually have their own terms and conditions, including privacy policies, over which REBAC has no control and which will govern your rights and obligations with respect to the use of those sites.
- THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY REBAC ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. REBAC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USABILITY, CONDITION, OR OPERATION OF THE SITE, OR THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF Abr.realtor WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REBAC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPARABILITY, SECURITY, AND ACCURACY. YOU AGREE THAT REBAC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- As part of the registration process to use the members-only portions of the Site, you will select a user name and password. You may change your password at any time in accordance with the procedure on the Site. You agree that you are exclusively responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You agree to provide REBAC with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your access to the Site.
- REBAC may at any time, in its sole discretion, terminate, limit, or suspend your access to abr.realtor, without notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation your breach of this Agreement or the termination of your membership in REBAC.
- REBAC encourages meaningful exchange on the Site on issues involving buyers' agents and real estate. Unless otherwise provided for regarding a specific section of the Site, user Content is reviewed by a REBAC representative and approved Content will be posted within approximately two business days. REBAC aims to publish all user-submitted Content unless it:
- Contains language that REBAC, in its sole discretion, considers offensive or inappropriate;
- Is not relevant to the post that is being responded to;
- Is a commercial endorsement, including spam; or
- Infringes the trademarks or copyrights of REBAC or any third parties.
- REBAC disclaims responsibility and liability for the content and opinions expressed by others on the Site including, but not limited to, content or opinions regarding any products or service mentioned on the Site.
- If you upload Content to the Site, you agree to indemnify and hold REBAC harmless from any and all liability, damages, or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the Content posted by you.
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and not to upload any unlawful Content or in any other way use the Site so as to violate any local, state, or national law.
- REBAC reserves the right but not the obligation to refuse, move, or remove any material submitted to the Site for any reason and to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site.
(i) You agree not to post any defamatory, libelous, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, abusive, profane, rude, obscene, or anonymous Content.
(ii) You agree not to take any action which would disrupt or interfere with the normal use of the Site by other authorized users.
(iii) You agree not to post any advertising, promotion, or other type of solicitation to other authorized users of the Site except in those areas of Abr.realtorwhere such postings may be specifically authorized.
(iv) You agree not to impersonate any other person in any registration or Content you upload to the Site.
(v) Individual sections of the Site may have additional rules and regulations specific to the subject matter being covered in that section. These rules and regulations will be posted on the section's home page. You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of individual sections on the Site.
- This Agreement, its Terms, and use of the Site are governed by and will be interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without reference to conflicts of laws and without regard to the location of execution or performance of this agreement.
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by REBAC or by a third party who has uploaded Content on our Site, please provide the following information to the REBAC-designated copyright agent listed below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- An address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where REBAC can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not REBAC, can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.